Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is that what I think it is??! TURTLE!


 So this is how my texture project turned out.  It has evolved sooo much into something that I can actually call art.


Final Critique

I got overall good critique on this project like "You've done good." but they did point out a couple things to me that I was able to write down. One such thing is that the text background gives continuance to the piece. It makes you move through and look at the whole thing. It runs you back and forth from the border back into the dots. They told me it shows closure definitely. "It looks like a turtle in a box!" I was told that with the bold shiny dots and the bold shiny border that the text does kind of fall into the background and is not as prominent as it could be. The negative feedback I got for the mints being in the container is that they just wanted to eat them and couldn't. They did like how the mints were round and continued the feel of the circles inside the square.

When they looked at my other textures they told me that I def. chose the right texture for this composition. The radial manner of the texture draws you into the circles. Some critique I received for my other textures was that some of them were similar although I had spaced them out well in the book that it was hard to really tell unless you looked really close. The overall craft of the book and textures was good they said but there were a couple spots that could be touched up and smoothed out. There was one top edge that really bugged some of the group members because the rest of the edges were so cleanly cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment