Tuesday, October 5, 2010

8 Playful / Periodic Squares


I just remembered I hadn't posted these yet. So am doing it a little out of order. These are my 8 playful / periodic squares compositions.

I'm going to number them left to right, first row then second row, 1-8 for purposes of explaining my top 4.

I had to choose a top 4 and then narrow it down to 2 after that. The top 4 I chose were numbers 1, 3, 6, and 7.

Self Critique
My craft on these 8 could have been better measured and I was not the happiest about that. I chose number 1 because in my opinion you can't get much more periodic than that. It is straight up a black and white half & half. The squares are embedded into each other and build up to make the half black. I chose number 3 because when I look at that I just want to laugh and be happy. That is very playful. Who doesn't love funny square faces? I chose number 6 because it creates a very playful story and tension. It's like the little square was being bullied at school and comes up behind the big square and pushes bigger squares onto him that will surely squish him! I chose number 7 because I liked the way it was periodic. It reminds me of different periods in someones life and also different areas of ones life.

Overall I was happy with my top four that I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment