Monday, October 4, 2010

10 Pencil (Some Ink) Compositions Done In Class


 Above Left
Dipped a pencil in ink to bring out the hitting of the sound and dragged out of it from a center point and twirled the paper after every stroke.

Above Right
Poured an amount of Acrylic Paint onto the center of the page and then took a grass-like object and dragged from the center out during the music. I was testing a more focal point objective above.


 Above Left
Held multiple pencils in one hand and flowed when the flute was playing in the song.

Above Right
A harder song was playing so short definite strokes coming from a focal point was what I felt in that song... with my eyes closed.


 Above Left
The song playing seemed very pulse-like, kind of like a heart monitor or lie detector. So I grabbed a couple pencils and focused on that aspect.

Above Right
I folded the paper a number of times then using both hands, started from a focal point and went up and away from me.









Above Left
I set down the roll of tape on my paper and let a pencil bounce around inside with the music.

Above Right
I placed some pieces of tape under my paper and created a contrast to them by stroking the opposite way that they were going.


Above Left
I placed tape from the corners of my paper creating an X and then held my whole lot of pencils and did the stirring motion.

Above Right
I held a few pencils in that stirring motion but didn't stir. I just like twisted my wrist to create a more slashing feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment