Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Final 2 Playful / Periodic and Critique


These are my final 2 compositions! I chose this playful composition on the left because I love the story it tells. The story and tension overpowered my other choice in my mind. I chose this periodic on the right because it just felt more... periodic... different periods in time, space, and different periods in the composition.

Critique
The critique on these were helpful. I got hints that the craft could be improved a little and to change up the size of the squares a little more as they seemed too similar. On some of the squares edges I got out of the lines a bit that I didn't originally notice. On the periodic square I was also told that they thought I should have made negative space on the sides of the squares to match the negative space on the top and bottom. I did have good news though. They could tell right away which composition was which and they had seen much worse craft. They had also said that the movement of the boxes falling in the playful composition was very well displayed. Then they also said though that they think the smaller squares in the playful composition might have looked better if they had no negative space under them.

No comments:

Post a Comment